Thursday, January 7, 2010

Southern Snow day

Snow is a HUGE thing where i live. we rarely get it, so when we do, we loose our minds. how so, you might ask. glad you asked! we have no clue how to drive safely in it, we close schools down, we think 1 inch i going to have us "snowed in", we stock up on milk,bread,apparently beef (my poor sister found this out last night late in doing her regular grocery shopping),and my dad's favorites (he was the lucky one who got to go get last minute things for us) little debbie brand snacks! he bought,not joking here, like 6 boxes of snacks! unfortunately i caved and taste tested only one kind,and only one of the box., and we stay home! we call in at work, schools close and let everyone know yesterday they were closing. how nice.

i have not been productive today. i feel terrible a little bit of snow kept me home. see, i live 41-42 miles round trip from work. it doesn't seem that long, but it is. a nice little 30 minute drive each way. and on country,back, winding roads now thanks to some,hopefully, wonderful improvements road wise. luckily for me, i'm my own boss. with that being said, i'm my own benefit package. i'm my own  paycheck, sick leave, snow leave, and well, you get my point. i didn't plan for this. with it being right after the new year, we aren't as busy as normal at my salon. that's ok. it happens. we plan on it. however, i did not plan on it snowing. my clients for today moved their appointments to other days and we totally ok with it. one said, "I was just thinking, 'Wow! I've waited 3 inches with bad roots and now I don't want to get out of my pj's!'" . that one client made me feel so much better about not working. see, she's from Michigan and has lived all over the world with her army husband. i figured if she didn't want to drive 3 miles for 3 inches of roots, i was off the hook! i'm hoping this is my only snow day this week,unless its a blizzard!

if it's going to snow i want it to be 3-6 inches! something to play in, something you don't feel gulity about taking off work for and being on the computer snuggled up in your leopard print snuggie kind of snow day!

snow was much more fun when i was a kid. we seemed to have had it more then too. with having an older sister and brother and the next door neighbor,liz, we had so much fun. now we're grown. i'm the only one here now,and i'm thinking i'm not going to go play in the snow this time. or maybe i will .... hmmmm

hope everyone enjoys their day,snow or not.

and

ROLLLLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!! I SO CAN'T WAIT FOR THE BIG GAME TONIGHT! 

if only i was in Pasadena,Cali right now ......


rammer jammer, yellow hammer, we are going to beat the heck out of you!  

No comments: