Saturday, January 9, 2010

i'm free!

yes, that's right! i'm a free gal again! yea! cabin fever no more! it's all good now! i don't think i've ever been so excited to work on a saturday in my life! it was such a relief when i called one of my "little old ladies",aka a weekly roller set kinda client, and her husband said,"she's not here. she's gone to get us some breakfast. she's still aplannin' on you doin' her hair i reckon today. she sure looks better when you do it fer her." :) have i mentioned i LOVE my job. how cute is that?! that also came from the man who has been married to his lovely bride for 55 1/2 years! wow! anyways, it was a relief to know that yes, there was a real reason for getting to go to work today! i text messaged one of my colors, moved her appointment, and had a few cancellations. but that's ok. i got some cleaning done. we've been told state board is on the move in our area, so we're doing some "winter" cleaning.

my dad decided that since i've never drove in such weather conditions, i didn't need to drive myself. so he drove me. i cleaned, worked, and ended my day with cutting his hair ... hmmm, funny how that happened.;) i don't mind though. i love him so! when he dropped me off he went and got breakfast, walked around in some stores, came back, got his hair cut, then I treated him to lunch. we went to walmart. i'm not sure i've ever been so excited to go there as i was today. and letmejustsay, i love time with just me and my dad. and walmart's redbox movie rental! when we got home, i cranked up my poor lola, my car, who's not been cranked or drove since wednesday (I'm thinking she thought i had abandoned her! haha!), and drove to my grandparents. they live about 2 miles away. i had a lovely visit with them, and i nice,light,delicious supper as well! a little early compared to my normal supper time though ; )

let me get back to the daddy/daughter time. . .

last night, i had this great idea that my parents and i could watch "Madea's I Can Do Bad All By Myself: the play" together. i love tyler perry, and his movies and plays. that one is one of my all time favorites! well, we couldn't get a dvd player to work in our living room, so we opted for plan b. i didn't plan for a plan b, but we ended up going with it. love it when a plan comes together! my mom said, "well the way i see it, your daddy pays for movies channels, and you're idea didn't work, so why don't we just watch one of the 30 movie channels." wow mom. thanks for the easy route! so that's just what we did. now, keep in mind, we three we getting bad cabin fever and getting on each other's nerves, so this wasn't some cute,sweet conversation per say ; ) so we watched a great family movie! for older kids,that's is. "College Road Trip" with Martin Lawerence and Raven Symone. the daughter is wanting to go off to college and get away from her over- protective, cop, father. she ends up realizing who her father is and vice versa. you should watch it. today reminded me of parts of that movie. but the awesome part of it all is .....

it doesn't take me wanting to move off for my dad and I to have some time together, or to know who each other are. like lunch and a quick grocery run. or my mom and I to have some special time together, or to know who each other are. and no, it's not because i live with them. it's because i want to. they want to. usually when you live with someone, you take them for granted. ever heard the phrase,"absence makes the heart grow fonder"? i'm not sure my heart could ever grow fonder of my parents. cabin fever or no cabin fever.

enjoy the little moments of life, even if you're stuck inside : )
Until later, B

No comments: