Saturday, January 2, 2010

A new year,decade,and start ... among other new-ness

i'm not sure if "new-ness" is a real word, but it is in my dictionary. i'm sure blogger hates that i make up my own words, and love to type in lower case. . . anywho ....

i hope everyone had a great end to oh nine and an excellant start to 2010! i ended oh nine at my friend's,mo, house. it was just the two of us, and we were going to eat some spaghetti (which we did-yum!) and have a movie marathon. well, mo got sick. she had to go to bed, i cleaned up the kitchen some, went to sleep right after midnight, and was home early new years day. i felt so bad for mo! later in the day she ended up in the er because she was so dehydrated from the virus that had attacked her.glad that's not the way i brought in the new year! i'm not a "party-ing" kind of gal. i don't like crazy crowds or knowing i'm driving with drunks. my  new years eves are pretty quiet. when i got home yesterday, i started getting productive. my bro and his family came over for pizza and spaghetti at lunch, then we napped,watched football, and played with my oh so precious nephews!  when they left, i started taking down all my christmas decorations in my bedroom, and that was how my whole night was spent. it's all put away and my other decorations are sitting waiting on me.

i realized late in the evening i was actually off on a saturday! that's kinda a deal for hair stylists! most hairstylist do get the 2 day weekends -work on saturdays off sundays and mondays. i, however, have always been off on wednesdays and sundays. i love being off on those days, but letmetell you! im loving being off today! i stayed in my pjs til nearly noon! i have been productive; some of that productiveness was catching up on the dvr. that's important right?! i need to make room for the new episodes coming up.  i really need to go finish up my room because my sister and her family are coming over for dinner in about 3 hours. i can't believe i'm off tomorrow too! i'm going to be so messed up come monday! and i'm hoping this monday wont be a repeat of last monday. here's a brief on last monday - late to work because of a dogsitting gig (i love the pups but wow things just werent going right), forgot a decent lunch at home so opted for hardees, had a blow out on my lunch break, had to walk 1/2 - 1 mile to some family friend's house (i've mentioned them several times before) and took their truck. went back to work, which was somewhat crazy and my burger was never eaten, and found out i had to get 2 new tires and had to leave my car overnight. that was freaking great news! so i got home late, ate some supper, took care of dogs again, home again and went to bed!

so now that i've run off on that path, let me steer back over here for the main reason for this post.

new-ness.

i'm not one to make resolutions, but i'm thinking of doing it this year. here are somethings that are coming in 2010,hopefully.

  • healthier me. this doesn't mean i'm going on a diet, it just means i'm going to strive to be healthier. whats the reason behind this?

Who else could give me the motivation?! Logan (left) and Dylan (right) of course! Theyve literally changed my life, and my prspective of life.

  • better time mangement. several times within oh nine, either someone,aka my mom, or even myself found that maybe i had over extended myself. if i put all my enegry into one thing,instead of fifteen other things, then that one thing would go off without a hitch, hopefully. so that's something big to me.
  • more time and giving to my church. i've mentioned before i LOVE my church! and, we've grown a lot in many ways, and with that we're going to grow in buildings it looks like. we're planning on building a Family Life Center (flc) this year. we've been asked to search our hearts and pray about areas we could use to give more to God, our church and the upcoming building. basically, we don't want to have to borrow a ton of money, and we want to do what's right with God. in all things, if we keep Him in the center of it, it will be blessed,immeasurably more. so with that, i'm searching about giving up my acrillic nails, and my eating-out-for-lunch-because-its-eaiser-than-planning-ahead thinking,doing and spending. i think that last part will help with goal numero uno. i also teach GAs - girls in action - at church. we never had ga's at my home church growing up, and i just recieved the literature and have had the class for a few months now. we've been learning the books of the Bible and things like that. now comes the time for me to really take my time, study, pray, and plan for that class. the group of girls grow it seems every week, so that's great!
  • a new(er) car.  i love my old car. we've had a lot of good memories! its the only car i've ever had. shes special. shes my Lola the corolla. what kind of car am i wanting? a free one! ha! really, something small-medium,good on gas, and that doesn't dry my bank account. i haven't had a car payment in years, and yes i realize now i should have saved a car payment every month since my last pay off. shoulda coulda woulda! i've had some financial issues with work. i'm just now, 5 years later, where i thought i would be in my 2-3 year of my career money wise. God has always made a way and i know He will again. maybe this time it will look something like this ...


or maybe in white ; )

better money mangement. now that i'm getting close to a certain age,thats beginning to scare me some, i'm realizing what i want more than never.


so that's a little new-ness for one day. maybe all along i've been afraid of setting goals for myself, and didn't plan for me? i hate to be selfish, but sometimes you need to be.

here's to a great new decade, and new year! it's already started out relaxing,yet productive. maybe that's a good sign from God!

Until later, B.

p.s. i would LOVE to know how to do a cute signature on here. any tips,ideas, websites,etc etc etc would be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I sure would love to get my hands on those baby boys!

Heather said...

I can help ya with the sig! Go to mylivesignature.com and it is step by step on how to get one.

I found it on some random blog and got one too!

Happy New Year and good luck on your goals!!!