Wednesday, February 10, 2010

this is not easy

and i'm beginning to think it never will. what am i talking about? glad you asked! "shredding". that's right! i dove right in! i decided that i didn't need to over-do it last week. so i didn't . i did 4 days. day 3, i thought and shared with you all, was going to kill me. but it didn't! day 4 was much better! welp, this week i started back! i finished my 7th day today. it's my day off, and i woke up early to get it in and everything ready for the nephews to get here. ms. jillian m has it out for me i think. well, maybe not. she is much nicer on "the shred" than she is on "the biggest loser"!  yesterday and today have burned like the dickens and i had to push, pUsH, PUSH through it all! but that's ok!

i'll admit that last week it wasn't easy for me to do every move. this week, however, i can do 98% of the moves. she wants us to do butt kicks. i personally don't like to jump, and i found it kind of hard to stay in place because im extraodrinarily clumsy not clumsy. when fergie came out with her song a few years ago, leave out the falling in love part, and you get my daily walk of life! HA! anywho - the other moves i find most difficult are due to a broken,ahem, tailbone injury that i received four years ago on a family vacation. be careful! don't laugh! my sis saw it happening and laughed the.entire.time. she has laughed all four years. she fell a week and a half ago, and guess what?! yep! not only did she crush her elbow while prego, but looks like she broke her tail bone too! no i did not laugh at her. i told her so last night, and informed her i would NOT give her any pity about it. also, i REFUSE to hear whining about it. thankyouverymuch! so anyways, these bicycle crunches and another lower ab crunch move kills my, well, they're literally a pain in my behind!

last week i wasn't keeping up, going as fast as they all were, and loving anita (the lower impact girl in the back). i really feel like that's ok. why? glad you asked!
#1 - i finally got off my rear and decided to do something! normally i would wait til spring came (and let's all face it! spring isn't coming anytime soon! it's flurrying again in north bama as i type this) and walk a few times at a track that's in my town. you see it's a ten minute drive one way. i can't, or haven't, woke up early enough to go get in a big,good, productive walk by myself (it's also very close to a major highway and a railroad track). i'm a safe girl. there's safety in numbers, and no one i know, who lives close to me, will go that early there to walk. so not going as fast as ms jill or her girls, but still getting it done just slower, is good with me.

#2 - it's a new journey for me. in countless ways. i'm actually loving it!

#3 - i feel so much better! and better about myself! no, i didn't see a huge drop,or even one drop on the scales this week. but, two people who have always been my biggest fans and who were not very encouraging last week about this new journey, told me sunday night it's working. they could see a difference in my legs (which i refer to as lemley legs-that's my one side of my mom's family and the ladies from the side,well, have larger legs).

#4 - if i can do this for myself, than im gaining so much! more time with my precious nephews and the baby my sis is carrying. i feel a total difference! among other things .....

#5 - thanks to this new journey my eating wants have changed. but yet, im more hungry.

ok, so i feel so in love with "the biggest loser" tv show again last season. usually the couple seasons are not my favorite. this season is a little different. im not paying attention to the game factor, and it doesn't seem as if they players are either. yet. and last night's episode. oh. my. soul! to be continued. really?! how can that be?! oh well, can't wait to see how it all goes down!

i know i have rambled, but i hope you're having a wonderful wednesday! its my off day, and the nephews are here! they went to the doctor yesterday for their 4 month check up and shots. nephew d weighed in at 16 lbs and is 24 3/4 inches long adn nephew L weighed in at 14 lb 9 oz and is 23 2/3 inches long. they got to start on orange? veggies and now get to eat cereal out of bowls! :) they are growing SO fast! im hoping i'll get to see them in their little shirts i got them,and get a picture posted real soon!

enjoying a pony tail kind of day,
Britt

2 comments:

Heather said...

Glad the "shred" is working!! Keep pushing through it girl! I'm also ready for warm weather so the outside walking can begin!

britts busy days said...

thanks! the scale didn't say it was working, but my body is telling me that it's burning now instead of hurting. so that means progress! i actually don't mind waking up early to do it now either. which is odd ... but good i think!

and yes, i CAN HARDLY wait for spring and summer!