Friday, February 5, 2010

pin ball machine week

that's my life this week. a pin ball machine. loud,crazy,busy,not productive,and someone constantly pulling my lever and sending me banging into things again. it's like a free pin ball machine. play as many times as you want. please, i beg of you. stop!

i just don't think i can go back to work today without venting some. so sorry ladies (and men. do men follow blogs???).

this week has been trying to say the least! i mentioned earlier in the week that i feel like i have been living in a pin ball machine. i think i still am! and to top it off on this,"wonderful" dreary,cold,rainy day - state board decided to pop on in for an inspection. much to her dislike, we were ready for her! of course, it didn't help one of our sweet stylist/salon owner neighbors called and gave us  a quick heads up. not that we did much to change anything, we just double checked ourselves. i get SO nervous with her there. she peers over my shoulders. today she said, "oh,why are you point cutting like that?" my reply to her in my head,"b/c unlike you, i actually work behind the chair and keep up with the latest techniques. look at my junk and leave me alone." my actual response to her was much sweeter - "oh, i learned this at the hair show in october. it works really well."  her: "well, that's great y'all keep up with things like that here in 'the hope'(thats what i call the town i work in)." i wanted to slap her! yes, we try our hardest! just b/c im not working in h'ville in a fancy shop charging who knows what for the same thing we do the same way,if not better, in the hope doesn't mean we don't keep up with the latest styles! i was this close ____ to telling her maybe her stylist should've went to the hair show and updated her style.

on a better note - the shred - i feel like the muscles in my calves are shredding! ouch!!! i completed my fourth day today. i missed wednesday (my off day) for several reasons. i thought when i did it yesterday i would die! i almost cried. i almost quit. i thought, "i could take this dvd back. im never doing this again". then it was over, and i had completed the challenge. my mom has become very encouraging. and even last night for family night, she made me green beans instead of her famous mac and cheese.

this morning my dad brought me a hardees sausage and egg biscuit. sweet,good and greasy. guess he's not quite paying attention to the changes i'm making. although, he did bring me a banana when he went to pick up sis this morning.

i hope you all are having a wonderful hair day! and a wonderful day! i'm already feeling better! i think i will feel much better when i get home and can finally start my Bible study homework!

happy friday!
Britt

No comments: