Tuesday, February 2, 2010

all things are possible

i did it! i woke up yet again, about 30-45 minutes earlier than i had been, and exercised! this is kind of a big deal for me! it would have be oh-so-easy to have stayed in my bed (which totally deserves it's own post on how awesome it is), but i didn't. and i'll say this too. today was easier. maybe it's the fact that i knew what was coming. i was sore ALL over this morning! i didn't think i could roll out of my wonderful bed, and then i thought, "Really,B?! you're going to do this again as sore as you are. why would you want to inflict pain on yourself when you're already in it?" then i remember this verse, which is normally not my favorite per say, "you can do ALL things in Christ who strengthens you." phil 4:13.

so, i got up, brushed my teeth,washed my face (you do NOT want to talk to me before those 2 things are done) and went to see ms. jillian.

i'm pretty sore in new places today verses yesterday. but like i told kel this morning, no pain no gain. and i'm also going with pain means progress. stay tuned .... i'm very thankful for the ones that have inspired and are encouraging me. because letmetellyou ... those who are not being very encouraging have really surprised me by their attitudes about this. they're usually my biggest fans,or so i thought. i'm trying not to let it get to me, but it is somewhat. thank God for awesome friends who are encouraging me!

i will add this, this was a good piece of encouragement. a client of the salon's parents were in today (when it's a shop like steel magnolias on steriods, you kinda know everybody's everybodys!) and they were telling me their daughter bought one of ms jillian's dvd (and i'll insert here: their daughter works out some) and ms jillian apparently wore her down in the warm up and she watched the rest of it out of breath laying on the couch.

i haven't done that. and i don't plan too. this is step one of more "me" time (see my post from saturday).

have a great tuesday everyone! i'm so excited about getting back to work, because i have a dinner/movie date with T for her bday,and well a celebration of something that has finally ended :)

Britt

3 comments:

Emily said...

I have some questions about this DVD. lol!

Is it fun? Is it easy? I mean I know it's not a breeze but are the things you do easy to figure out or am I going to be standing there trying to figure out if I'm doing it right?

I'm thinkig if maybe I do it while I know someone else doing it that will help motivate me. :-)

Meg said...

Let me just say how PROUD I am of you! I wish I was enduring Jillian right there with you...in 7 months I will! :) And don't listen to any naysayers out there! Negative people love to bring positive people down. You know what they say...misery loves company!

Loves to you!

britts busy days said...

ok, em ... if i can, you can! it's really easy. it's not fast, and you can decided low or high intensity. i choose low sense i just started out. all you need are some light weight hand weights, and a mat.

and meg, thanks! you're part 1 of my inspiration! and the neg talkers are the people who brought me in this world! i've been very shocked! mom's coming around, but dad just looks at me like im stupid when i talk about the shred or eating healthier. oh well. i'll show him! i'm hoping in 7 months i'll be through with ms jillian! hahaha!