Wednesday, March 31, 2010

my "off"day

has been funny! i did something today i have not done in,oh almost 7 years. i went and got my hair done! you see, i'm graying prematurely. that's ok with me. at least i know what's best for my graying clients as well. my cousin SA does my hair, and we're too too busy to "work me in" as we normally do. so today, liz came with me. we ran to the beauty supply (oh the joy life of a self-employeed person on their day off) and then to grab some lunch and head back to the hope for my hair. SA got not only me but bev (the owner) today. he was so busy, liz actually had to rinse the color out of my hair. that was exciting to say the least. it's really not as easy as you may think! and if you've ever had the pleasure of having SA shampoo your hair and have him massage your scalp/neck, you would never ever want anyone else to do it but him! seriously! so why the rush on my hair?

you see, Easter is Sunday. we have a special program at church. i have a solo and this past week found out i was in the lights. not the big big spot light, but definitely have lots of lights on me at the end of the program. SA told me quickly we would "fix" my problem soon. so we did. it's weird being a "client". of course i did some things to help out - washed,dried and folded towels, rinsed bev's perm, washed some color bowls,brushes and bottles ... you get the drift.


so here's a hilarious funny -it may have lost it's hilarious-ness since i left the shop,or since no one would care about the "back story"

this guy,R, who has known bev 99% of his life came in just to "visit" or something today. we couldn't get him to leave, and we weren't exactly open for business. bev was getting her hair rolled up when he was there. he was seriously there for 30 mintues for no reason, other than it was freaking me out! when he was leaving, he told SA to tell bev hi for him. bev was,and had been, sitting right there in front of him the whole entire time! we laughed so hard it wasn't even funny!

we had several clients to stop in (which is weird b/c they never do that ... just stop in to make appointments) and none of them knew us right off! i wonder do we really look that different with color on our hair, perm rods in our hair, and not in our black jacket/vests? or maybe these people are just to crazy and need to leave us alone....

afterall crazy has "struck" again ... more to come later ....

hope you're all having a wonderful hair day! and enjoying the sunshine!
Britt

3 comments:

Heather said...

That would freak me out too!! Glad to hear you had an "interesting" day haha!!

Meg said...

Looking forward to seeing your new do! :)

britts busy days said...

thanks Heather! here's the even funnier part - he came back that day to talk to Bev! poor stupid dude!

and megs, thanks : ) i'm hoping to post a pic on fb today ...