Thursday, March 4, 2010

morning came

today is normally a day that i cry to myself. i cry because through God, His love, His mercy, His grace, and His faithfulness my family was restored to something more beautiful than ever before.

the day and date hit me as i was leaving my church this morning. i had to run by there on my way to work for a quick errand. have i mentioned i love being my own boss, and i can do that? go in late because i want/need to? i don't do it often,and i'm 99% of the time there by 10 am (sometimes working til past 6). today, it was such a blessing,even though we were super slow. God knew a long time ago that today, march 4, 2010 that i was going to need time. i was going to be sick with a 2 day sinus pressure headache (hopefully that's all it is), and i would need time to rest. yes, i worked. yes, i laughed today. yes, i've cried today. but only tears of joy that "morning has come". those last 3 words are part of a beautiful song that talk about God's love, trials and the joy of the morning.

today, morning came. with it came smiles and coos and goos and kisses from my wonderful nephews. images of my sis' baby (i got to see it yesterday at her ultrasound). with morning, i realized how amazing my  job is, and how amazing my church family and my own family are. and with morning today, came total defeat to the devil.

you see, the devil tried ripping my parents apart through sin and it didn't work. God never let go of us. we let go of Him, and He forgave us because He already knew it was going to happen. He knew then what we are seeing now.

i've been asked my by those close to me who thought we had the "perfect" family, would i go choose to go through it all again.

yes! yes, i would. because, like with any experience, you know how it's all going to happen, how the ending is playing out, and in my case - we lived. we are restored. we aren't perfect, but we never were. God didn't forget us. He chose us.

i'm not where i thought i would be when i was 10, but then again who is? but tonight, i'm about to go to sleep. and i have peace that my Heavenly Father will watch over me while i sleep,since He never does that (have you caught on how that amazes me?! sleep is wonderful!) and He'll be watching over my parents (along with everyone else).

tonight, sleep will be awesome. and not just to get rid of this ridiculous headache either! but it's because, 5 years ago, i thought this day would never be, and it is. and it's more than i ever thought it could be. and no, nothing spectacular happened. which may be why it was so spectacular in the end. . .

Because HE is faithful,
Britt

No comments: