Monday, March 22, 2010

fun times

and some down time. somehow my mondays have become oh.so.busy at night. work is fine and not overwhelming on mondays. mondays are actually perfect at work. i have clients yes, but i'm not super busy,it's all spread out, and i get a chance to breath and prepare for the rest of the week. i'm pretty tired on mondays from working hard and long on saturdays and then church on sunday (here lately ALL day long). don't get me wrong! i love my job and my church. i'm just tired on monday nights. but tonight was a new kind of fun.

i went shopping with a friend of mine from church who sells premier jewelry (which absolutely makes me swoon! i just got to order $275 in free jewelry today!) for her daughter's very first birthday party! how much more precious does it get?! i remember how i helped with her shower at church last year, and how excited we were about baby K, now i get to decorate for her bday party! preciousness!!!

over the last few years, i've been going to, helping with, or hosting showers of some sort for someone. i love it. last year, i would have loved it if my sister would've let me more for her wedding. i enjoyed planning her bridal tea and such. you see, sister, isn't much of a fru fru kind of gal. she wanted nothing to do with shower games or sitting in front of a bunch of ladies while opening up pots,pans, towels,toasters,etc and everyone "ooohhhhing" and "awwwing". so we had a simple tea at our aunt's home. i could've gone all out and done more, but since i didn't, that leaves me with ideas for her baby tea in august (yes, i already have a date all penciled in, a place reserved, and a time set with a few hostess names in my notebook). most of my friends tell me i should be an event/party planner. i'm just about there with them! it's so much fun! oh course, buying for little girls is always fun. one thing i never thought about, is wow you can really spend a LOT on just decorations! i'm pretty thrifty, so i  hope that helped MM out some : ) guess we'll see how it all turns out when we decorate later this week : )

Looking forward to Tuesday (mainly because i'm off on Wednesday),
Britt

p.s. did you notice i finally figured out the "link" button. my A-D-D or A-D-O-S (attention def.oooo shiny ....) must have gotten the best of my mind. i've never noticed that little button.

oh the little exciting things!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Yay for baby showers! I know you are going to do something so nice for your sis! :)