Monday, September 21, 2009

Family:an endangered species - part 4

i have promised to post about the series of messages my pastor has been preaching called "Family:An endangered species". My computer at home is still on the blitz, but I'm very thankful for some awesome family friends! They live about 2 miles from my beauty shop, and never had kids so they "adopted" my siblings and myself. I've had a key to their house for years,literally! So, I'm back to coming to their house and eating a lunch that's much healthier than what's around town to eat. and since i'm getting to do that, they love me so much they even upgraded their internet connection, so i'm using their computer or my crack, i'm sorry blackberry : ) but seriously, they love knowing i come and enjoy myself and my break from the shop. and i love them as if they were my aunt and uncle! i can't imagine my life without them! i mentioned in my post on "family:part 3" about a "deal" my family went through four years ago. i thought then i might loose these precious people, but my God is so much bigger than that! so here's to momma M and daddy S! thanks for always being there! teaching me how to drive even though i nearly flipped your car!, and for just being yall! and opening up your home to my family and me all these 16 years!

as promised .... PART 4 ....

"time .... your time matters to your family"
Psalm 1:1-12 **note; i'm not a very good typist, and need to get back to work so im sorry i don't have the time to type it. please, read it for yourselves.

TIME
  • is precious! - the most precious thing you can give your family is your time! you can make more money,but you cant make more time! think of ways you misuse your time, when all along you could be using to spend quality time with your family. years from now, it wont matter because you chose to do this or that instead of being with your family, what matters more is the time spent and memories made.
  • is purposeful - we live in a "time saver" world. instead of waiting until we get home to talk on the phone, we use our cell phones to talk, text, or email our family and friends. but where's the time youve "saved"? i love to shop, and i love to shop sales! i love to save money! but in the end, i never see the fruits of saving the money like my receipt says i did. ive never once been able to use my "saved" time. that's all because there's no such thing! you get 24 hours in one day, and that's all. have you ever found and been able to use "time saved"??
  • must be a prioritized -my pastor used this simple demonstration. if you put water in a vase then add sand, some of the water is going to leave the vase. then if you add rocks to it, the water will come pouring out. we treat our lives like the water in the vase. the heavy stuff, the things that matter most like our families, when added to us, there's not much room. we should add the heavy things, like family, first then gone on to add the smaller things in life - the sand. if theres room left, then add the water. the water will then fill around whats already in place. how many times have our families been left out in our lives because we were too selfish?
  • ought to be pleasurable - my whole life ive heard "God has a plan". HE does, yes! the awesome, yet sometimes hard part to grasp, is that HE is not going to reveal HIS plan beginning to end for us. HE alone knows, what life would we live if we knew the trials,pains,suffering,happiness,joys,and even deaths that our lives were going to bring? God wants us to use our time for HIM, our families,and then so forth. in the book of John, HE tells us that Christ came so that we may have life, and life more abundantly. i dont know how people can enjoy life and go through trials and tests without the love of Christ.
  • eternity - have you ever made the choice where you want to spend the rest of your life? i dont mean here on earth either, but in a place where you will never sleep again. never work again. hell or heaven? if you have chosen heaven - i'll see you there!!!! if youve never chose, please email me! i would love to share with you how you will never be alone here on earth and will have a mansion bought and paid for on a road that's pure gold!

God bless! ~b~ "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." James 4:14

No comments: