Thursday, September 17, 2009

dare i ask, how much more ???

have you ever just thought, " i can't take much more!"? i try not to be a negative thinker or believer. i worked with a very negative person, and it would drain me of positivity. here lately though, i've began thinking, "really,Lord? something else? hmmmm ... ok ... hang on Lord ... i'm trying to prepare." i'm pretty sure God just laughs at me, but that's ok. because the one thing i forget when trials come, is HE knows how it's going to end. HE alone, knows the when,what, why, how,where, and fears that i'm about to have, going through, or have just come through.

last thursday (9/10) my uncle s, my dad's brother, fell and crushed his ankle. he had to have surgery and is on a "scooter" for the minimum of 6 weeks. i couldn't imagine! his wife said, "i really need time to prepare for this at the house." well, thats the funny thing about accidents. we don't plan them! thus why i hate accidents! well then, as if thats not that stressful. my unc, 72 year old precious,diabetic unc, fell off the second step of his ladder on my dad's job. he has 5 staples in head, concussion, severely bruised back,hips,arm,elbow,and shoulder -which they also found a tear in his rotator cuff. its been a week today. last night we found out he has some swelling on his brain. apparently its the good kind to have if you're going to have to have it. he and my aunt, their kids and grandkids and my dad (who is beating himself up over this) really stand in need of prayers! as many as possible would be awesome!

last night, i got a text message that said one of my mom's first cousin's husband, had been burned and med flighted to hunts hosp. thankfully, he is ok. in a lot of pain yes. but ok. he threw away an aerosol can and something in the trash caused it to explode. from HH they transported him to birmingham for treatment. they sent him home this morning. he has 1st and 2nd degree burn on his face, chest,and arms.

i have some dear church friends who have been going through something my family went through 4 years ago. this has me so worried. i know God has a plan, and a plan for good - see Jeremiah 29:11 -but its so hard to not loose hope. i know that if we do loose hope, that's when things will get worse! and on the other side of my pew,literally, i have a best friend that i've been feeling some separation between us. i started praying God would reveal to me what it was,and a solution. or maybe, a conclusion to our friendship of our whole lives. well, i'll be completely honest. i was not prepared for the answer i got from God! HE blew me away. it wasnt good news, but we're still friends. ive been studying in the book of Matthew,and the verse that says,"love your enemies" now stands out in a new way. God has really convicted me on how i need to pray to get through, and not just me but everyone involved, these trials. no, she's not my enemy. but satan and his ways are, and it almost cost me one of my bests, and its cost her too.

on top of that, i had to have my car in the shop. i have an old car, but i love her! i call her lola. love my lola! she's not much, but shes debt free! woohoo! really it was just routine stuff really. brake pads, rotors, oil change, then we had to get a bracket and sliding blots for a caliper -btw, that's something that helps your rotors work correctly!

so this week, has been some what better .. still wondering where God is heading with all these trials. i know in HIS time, i'll know. patience is a funny thing. it's something i lack, but yet had to teach about last night at church. patience. ugh. but ok, if it'll help, i'll give it a try ; )

i'm super excited about this weekend! ive been planning a surprise for the widows of my church since june. and guess what?! it worked! we're honoring them with a dinner: "A Night of Gold". i can't wait! i know God has something big in store for us all!

i hope everyone has a great weekend!

"The Lord your God is with you, HE is mighty to save. HE will take great delight in you, HE will quiet you with HIS love, He will rejoice over you with singing."Zephaniah 3:17

2 comments:

Meg said...

Sorry to hear about all the troubles going on, dear! I will be praying for you and your family. As the saying goes, if He brings you to it, He will get you through it! :)

britts busy days said...

Yes HE will! I lived by that statement 4 years ago,and sometimes forget that! Thanks!