Sunday, January 30, 2011

Looking ...

as i have mentioned, i feel like my life is changing. yes, i'm making physical changes, and even saw a - 3 1/2 pounds this last week. that's not the change i'm talking about though. not this time,at least.

God has been convicting me, leading me to discover His Word, and opening my eyes.

i just read from  christian speaker/Bible teacher, Priscilla Shirer's blog. My eyes have been being opened,even before i read this. please take the few minutes to read it too.

i play peek-a-boo with all my nephews, and i love to hear them laugh and giggle. nephew d will play it ALL day long! he loves to laugh. lately, i've been playing like i'm sleeping. i'll "snore" and close my eyes, yet have them open just enough to ensure they're ok and not about to jump on my head or yank all my hair out of my head! i love when i say,"Boo!" and i "wake up" they just laugh, and seem to want me to do it again and again.
sometimes, i just use my hands in peek-a-boo and look through the cracks of my fingers to watch their precious,amazing,loving,crazy faces.

i had the thought, that's the only time i immediately see happy results from covering my eyes. usually, something scary has my covering up my eyes. much like the trials and path of life. i think of how 6 years ago i was afraid of the future. i'm thankful God made me see with my eyes and held my hands instead of letting me cover my eyes with them. i'm thankful that when i did cover my eyes, God smacked them, shamed me and knocked me in the head to make me watch what HE was doing.

i'm afraid that lately i've become way to content, and instead of covering my eyes i've closed them.

how about you? are your eyes opened, covered or closed?

1 comment:

Meg said...

Love this post! It is so profound...seriously! I am working on keeping my eyes (and heart) open to things the Lord wants me to do also. It is amazing how He works!

And congratulations on the weight loss! You are doing great!