Thursday, January 20, 2011

I can, I am, and I will

be having some changes in my life.

We all do, I know. I also know this. God knows it all. HE alone knows just how much weight I will loose, and all of the other ponderings on my heart. The best part of HIM, to me, is that HE even knows the changes of my life that I can't even ponder.

I've always been naive, labeled "the goody goody preacher's daughter/christian". Am I perfect? Uh, no! Seriously?! No stinking way! I'm me. Just a simple, southern girl who has always had a weight problem, but has always had a family and group of friends who have looked past my size and into who I really am. I'm so thankful for that! Just the other night I was out to eat with Liz (my next door neighbor of my whole life -almost 26 years! and other "sis") before a movie. I was trying to decide what to eat, and she said, "Why, Britt are you doing this?". I replied, "for me. Because I want to and need to." She then added something that brought tears to my eyes. She said, "don't you know so many people love you for you. the confident,sweet, caring girl who as long as I've known you never think of you for your size."

As sweet as that was, she's never had a weight problem, bless her heart! She's tall, well compared to me, and always beautiful and small - medium size. We worked out for almost 2 whole months this past summer doing Jillian Michael's 30 day death sentence Shred. Why yes, that's right! We got our rears out of bed somewhere between 5:30- 5:45 and worked out outside on her patio in the summer in Bama! Those of you from Bama know this about our summers. It's HOTT! sticky, muggy, and hot. Yes, even that early in the morning. One morning, at 6 a.m., the heat index was 100 - it was during the hottest part of July. Our lives changed, and so did our exercise routine. Mine became non-existent.

So here's to one major new change, or I owe big time! Seriously!

There's a "gang" of us that eat out every Sunday night from my church after our evening service. Different ones have been talking for sometime now about loosing weight. Well, we have been challenged, and I can't resist.

We're weighing in every Wednesday night, I weigh in privately!, and we set a goal for ourselves. OUCH! That's been something I've quit doing for myself six years ago ..... that's def another post in its self!

So, by Easter Sunday this southern, random,curly headed, brown eyed big girl needs to have lost 20 pounds, some how some way - whatever way I choose and can do, or I owe $5 per member of the group as an extra offering to our building fund.

We talked this over somewhat Sunday night, so Monday I started trying to do better. So far so good except Tuesday. Tuesday was a day of good food choices, yet not enough food and supper was a fail. Basically didn't have anything....

So here's to lots of new things, and a BIG BIG BIG thanks to my Heavenly Father who is the ONE who is leading me, helping me, changing me, and hopefully molding me into something new for His honor and glory.

Anyone doing the new Weight Watchers????
Busy B

2 comments:

Meg said...

I completely agree with what Liz said! You are a beautiful person inside and out! I know you will do a great job with the weight loss, and I wish you all the best!! Kick some butt! :)

britts busy days said...

Thanks Meg!