Thursday, February 17, 2011

no more excuses

 i know it's been a minute or two since i've been here. i actually can't find a post that i had saved and thought i had posted ... hmmmm ....

so here's an update - yes, i'm fully aware you may not care. this is a selfish update and a kick in the tail for me.

i'm happily on day 5 of no caffeine. monday was AWFUL! until i got home, took some advil and kept the twin nephews : )

weight loss- in all 4 pounds. yes, that's right. only 4. i lost one pound over 2 weeks. seriously?! you bet!

my inspiration is gone, and i have very few people in my "support system" for my efforts of becoming healthier.

i'm finding the want to again after the pitiful 1 pound loss.

i can tell changes in my body. not the scales, and i'm trying to be ok with that. that part is not easy! i know, i know ... muscle weighs more than fat. i'm not muscle-y, yet. i can tell my legs are toning up nicely! they've always caused me issues!

so, maybe this is the norm. it's about a month now since i've started this journey. it's the longest i've done it, and maybe that's why it's so hard right now.

i also had really begun to dig deep into God's Word, and had fallen in love with it! turning off the tv at night, and reading about Him, His creation, and the past. maybe it was because i was scared to death and felt so unworthy to lead a devotion to my SMAC (sisters made alive in Christ) group from my church. i would love to share it, but what i have wrote down in my pretty notebook isn't how it all came out. which is great, because God said it all. now that that's been over, the devil has been on the prowl in my life. it happens. life gets tiring. life gets stressful. life makes us to proud. life gives us excuses.

no more excuses is my new mind set. no more settling. no more mind set of if i don't have support of this one or that one (the ones i love most) i can't do this. no more thinking, "this one little bite won't hurt". no more feelings of regret over one pound. it took a pound a time to get here, one pound down is good, not great, but good. at least i didn't gain a pound,right?!

no more excuses. my life is easy compared to others. i keep thinking of francesca battistelli's song this is the stuff ... "in the middle of my little mess, I forget how big I'm blessed .... it might not be what I would choose, but this is the stuff YOU use...."

in the middle of my little mess,
Busy B

No comments: