Sunday, October 24, 2010

isn't it ironic

Don't ya think?

Life that is ....

Well, lately that's been the best way to sum up my life - ironic!

3 years ago,at an annual event in the town I work in,my heart was crushed and broken. This year,at the same event, I laughed,talked,and enjoyed spending time (even sent a text to see if they were coming) with my friend dg and his wife. Yes! That's right! Same person who helped break my heart,I stood there happily talking to not only him,but his wife. Funny how life changes.

Then the following weekend,the three of us at our salon went to a hair show a few hours away. We had a wonderful time. I got to be a model for Deva Curl (the life saving products for my crazy curls) and an hour and half later,I have a new hair cut and lots of new products to try. But before I made it to the deva stage,I heard someone call my name. I thought I had just seen someone I knew,but wasn't sure.

You see,this person has the same name as me,only spells it differently,and is part two of my heart break. The night I met her was terribly awkward,and only something you think happens in movies or tv,not real life. You know the scene where this guy makes an introduction like this: "Britt meet Britt.Britt meet Britt." Stranger Britt says,"hey! I've heard SO much about you!". Me,"really?! Because I've heard nothing about you!" In a breathless,smiling,nervous,devastated way.

Well,the voice that said,"I've heard so much about you" was the same one calling my name at the hair show 2 hours away from where we both live. Apparently she now is a hair stylist too (her place of work makes this more ironic,but I don't think I need to post that info),and recently married.

She was there with a friend from work and this is how she introduced me to her,I kid you not! "This is the other Britt.His (a lil exaggerated here) other Britt." Really?!?!? Seriously?!?! The friend said,"Ooooohhhh. Nice to finally meet you."

Awkward! But really?!?! Seriously?!?! That's how she introduced me??? I thought maybe my mind was playing tricks on me,but bev and SA heard it too. They were laughing,and I was in shock!

So now, dg and his wife seem to be popping up everywhere around me. I even got a last minute invitation to his family birthday dinner this weekend. "My family would love to hang out with you again.us too of course." Yeah.ok. How bout I don't and say I didn't! Then on a fb post of mine he actually asked what I was going to be doing the next night - ummm,yeah you don't get to know that info.

There's another friendship post I'm needing to vent about,and try to work through.For now,I need my life to not be so awkward or ironic. I've always like that song,but never thought my life could reflect it so much.

Isn't it ironic,don't ya think?

Hoping yours isn't ironic,
Britt

No comments: