Wednesday, October 13, 2010

bitter sweet day

yesterday was my precious granny's 73rd bday! she's my dad's mom. my mom's mom passed away in 1974. she was very young, and i miss her every day.

yesterday also would've been my mom's dad, my granddaddy's, 84th bday. so, thus the bitter sweetness of the day.

i'm very close to my granny and papa. i often wonder would i be closer to my grandmother and grandaddy had i been given the chance?

but, that's a whole other post in its self!

so here's to my granny!

the sweet, gossiping, praying, cleaning, cooking, practical, helpful, laughing lady who i love beyond words!
the wife who has spoiled my papa the last 55 years. it's so cute to hear you two call each other "baby", "honey", and such. thanks for setting such an example on faith, family, marriage, and life! i hope to never settle; just like you've asked ; )
hope you enjoyed your dinner with the family and the yummy cake : )

thanks for everything you've always done, do, and will do!

i love you, Granny!

Love,
Britt

No comments: