Wednesday, June 16, 2010

calling on curls!

awhile ago, i mentioned i had thought about a "week of beauty". well, i'm to busy to make it a whole week. i'm not sure i've ever posted 5/7 days in a week on here, so why start now? hahaha

well, last week i shared that my natural curls were absolutely loving the ridiculous humidity here in sweet home alabama (roll tide,roll! - sorry can't help myself!)! i promise to all of you curly headed folks - i'm not lying either!

i'm in love. finally.

well, my curls are in love actually. and the big reveal of the best thing to happen to this used -to- be fro???



it's simply a product called Deva Curl
 
here's some of the products that have saved my hair, recent photos of me and the curls, and my worries about what my hair is doing during the day/humidity/rain/etc etc etc .....
 
 



just a little preview here.

i have found that i love their low poo cleanser over their no poo cleanser. although, sometimes i  use the no poo as a deep cleanser.

the one that won my heart and curls over .... one Condition. it's more than amazing. it doesn't weigh down the curls, make them to soft, or make them frizz more like other conditioners have done in the past.

my styling products have decreased to one, oh for all the money i've spent of mine and my mother's for that matter, what i would've done with that if i'd only met this AnGell years ago ...

i just got me some of this B'Leave In leave in conditioner. usually, i would run as fast as i could from a leave in conditioner! oh the added weight to the curls! this product is different, or hopefully so. i'll start using it tomorrow (i forgot i had it this morning when i was styling my hair - and it's my day off, so that's always my "testing" day).

and, then there's this product ...Mister Right. and just like everything else i think is "mr right", failed me. ok, i'm really only kidding there, but not about the product. it just doesn't "do" it for me or the curls. so it's safely in the back of the product basket at home. let me add here,though, the owner of the salon got a body wave right before Easter, and she loves this product!



and here's the best part of DevaCurl. yes, they have a way in which they think is the best, but they want you to deva the best way for you! just like me vs bev with the mister right. it doesn't work well for me, but it does her. i have naturally curly hair, she has permed hair.

anyways, those are my curly thoughts and loves. i'm sure this was super duper boring for anyone with straight hair, or maybe just in general, but hey! it's my love and passion!

i do have some makeup tips, and even something for you straight hair folks (and as we say here in bama, "bless you little hearts!")! because, yes these curls go straight and i H-A-T-E hate it after awhile!

happy hump day!

Love,
curly busy B

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'll be keeping an eye out for the straight hair tip =)