Tuesday, October 20, 2009

so called weekends and sunshine

I'm always wondering what's so special about Saturdays? I'm the south in the fall its ALL about football! Which I nearly resent,let me add. I work on Saturdays,that's just part of my life and that's great with me,actually more like fabulous with me. When I am off on a Saturday I'm usually much busier than I would've been at work,so why not work and have more money? I'm not on a pity party,please don't take it that way,I'm just wondering. Especially after the "weekend" I had this last week! As I last posted I had to be at work early last week,and not just once but twice in a row. Thursday I was at work 8-6 and then to a jewelry party at a friends house,home at 9,bed by 11. Friday at work at 830 a.m. And got off at 8 p.m. I was having more fun than usual the last 3 hours of that day. Topped my night off with mexican and a catch up session with my best month,then back to my house and back at it again Saturday morning! I didn't have a full day at work,just a few younger guys cuts and a bridal do for Em. Left work,went to the store,came home,lunch,got re-ready,went to Ems beautiful and sweet wedding,supper with my sister,her husband and friends,home and in bed at 10. Why so early on a Saturday night for a S-W-F in her early 20s? The Premier show (hair show)! Yes,that's right! I was up WAY before the sun and was at my salon before 630! I got home that night after 9. I was SLEEPY! We had to make a slight detour home,which put our road trip on "back roads" in beautiful small towns all the way home. I was so happy to see my bed!

The hair show was hilarious! It almost scares me to see some of the people who are hair stylists out there! You had girls literally wearing binkis to get spray on tans. And yes,they were prancing around the booth and "showing off". There was one poor girl who shouldn't have chose to be a model! Bless her! And I'm being nice here,not judgmental! I PROMISE! I wanted to rescue her! Also,unless you like badly teased bird's nests as a hair do,I'm not sure I can help you! HA!HA! Oh and the colors! I wanted to say to the platform artists,"Honey we need color trends and techniques for our awesome,normal,and beautiful clients! We don't do runways every day!" Seriously,if one up-do model walked outside during the day,I bet birds would've thought "HOME!". No joke! Its so funny to watch the men artist! They do pelvic thrusts and dance in womens faces and cut their hair while looking at the crowd! Luckily for those ladies,they were using texturizing shears! You know you're in for a crazy day when there's a line at the "adult beverages" booth longer than the lines anywhere else as soon as it started! Really,we had a good time. I'm not sure there's much I could or could not do to make myself or my clients look any worse than what I saw down there. : )

We have fun no matter where we are anyways,and more fun when we're sleepy! On our way there,we stopped and found a breakfast buffet (insert severe dislike for buffets here) and I was told I was so attractive! Only problem was it was a lady,and a lady old enough to be my grandma! She said,"oh gurl! You so attractive to me!" Me,"thanks". Her" oh and you so southern sounding! You look like one of 'em stars off one of 'em family tv shows! You a star on tv? Ooo you so attractive.". Me-"thanks. Have a nice day!" And I went and got in the car! LoL! It wasn't all that flattering,if you get my drift!

I have got some great rest! Maybe too much;I've been told there's a such thing. I'm so excited! My nephew,baby D,should get to come Thursday! He didn't pass his car seat test Saturday,which made him stay 5 more days. Poor little fellow hasn't seen his Aunt Britt as of tomorrow in 2 weeks! I miss him more than I ever thought possible! I miss baby L too! I haven't seen him in a week! I'm off tomorrow so the new parents and boys may want to be on the look out!ha!

I'm so thankful to be an aunt to two healthy boys,and sister to a wonderful older brother and sister and a daughter to my parents! I'm not sure where I'd be without them! I'm also very thankful we all live close! The sun is,and has been,shining bright the past few days and it s been wonderful having it here instead of rain! My hair is even straight today! I love that I can manage it so well in the fall when the rain is gone!

I know this has been a long,and rambling post,but I can't help myself! I'm alone at work and have missed being able to sit down and post like I was. I'm off tomorrow,and tonight eating dinner with Meg! Yay for Tuesdays and Wednesdays! My kind of weekends!

Until later,B

No comments: