Thursday, October 15, 2009

go away!

Ok,so maybe that's not the nicest title! But so true! What is up with all the rain this month? And last month?! At my salon,the older clients and even those around my parents age are acting like its suppose to be this way. I have a really good memory (as previously posted) and I never remember it raining SOOOOO much in the early fall! Now November here is a crazy month! We usually have tornado watches for a few weeks. We also remember a horrible tornado that ripped through surrounding towns and communities in November in 1989. I was 4,but I remember that evening very well!

I had to get to work earlier than usual this morning. Let me say,I respect those of you who have to get up and be at work before 8 A.M.! I'm a hair stylist - we usually work late evenings and come in later in the mornings. I love that about my job! On saturdays I'm usually here before 8,and somehow that never bothers me,but wow! Today has! I made a mistake with my choice of breakfast this morning too,and I'm thinking it didn't help my matter any! I had 2 strawberry pop tarts with my oj. Can we say sugar high? Then sugar crash? Ughhh, I really should've stuck with my regular breakfast choice - 2 red berry waffles with no syrup (I eat in the car. I know bad me!).

I just want to see some sunshine is that so horrible of me? I know I've said this before,but I have not had a vacation this year. This has been an extraordinary busy year! I can't believe there are only 77 days left in this year! I'm really hoping this rain pattern isn't going to stay around! Its not good for my business,or my fathers,and I'm positive we're not the only ones with that worry when it rains. And,with these curls I have,I haven't had to many good hair days! It gets more curly(which I'm always surprised that that's possible) and frizzy! Yuck-o!

I'm thinking this weekend will have me more upbeat. I have a friend,em,wedding. I get to do her hair,and I know she's going to be a beautiful bride. She's getting married in a really old,white church with a center aisle. Every girls dream at one time or other! She's been a very care free and thrifty bride. I'm very proud of her! And excited for her!congrats em and j and little miss H!

Also this weekend,I'll be missing church (which I despise doing!) and going to a hair show! Its a few hours away,so road trip! We went 2 years ago,and we had a great time. I was exhausted when we went due to a kid/house/pet sitting gig I had going on. Also,my guy friend from my previous post, was in tow with us. Sunshine,the lady who use to work with us,was there too. She's a very negative person,thus the reason behind her nickname. One day we said together as she left for the day,"well wasn't she just a freaking ray of sunshine?!" So if you could only imagine how that day went. I'm thinking this year will be much better!much much better! I'm also hoping the artists will show us more,new and better techniques. Last time it was all about the blonde on top and dark underneath and the famous a-line/stacked bob.

I know this has been a long post,but its been very therapeutic. I'm sitting at work,alone in the rain,so this has been a great release! Yay for blackberries! lol! However,the rain hasn't killed my excitement over my precious nephews! Looks like baby D maybe home soon! He's been moved to the progressive unit and is doing awesome! I thank God for growing his little lungs and the stuff he needed to keep them from sticking together! And for baby L! He's perfect! I'm so amazed every day at the love God gives us for His creation!

Have a great day! Even if its raining!

Until later ....B

No comments: