Tuesday, October 13, 2009

best friends and memories

i have an odd memory. i remember what i wore, when things happen - dates,time and places. today is a cross roads of mine,and i thank God for two of my best friends - mo and kel! they were there step by step (literally).


it's a single girl's worst nightmare. you walk up, wearing a super cute new outfit and killer new shoes, to the guy you think you love and can't live without. he's more than that. he's also your best friend also. and a friend you've been giving all your time to too. after the texts and phone calls of "where are you?", "i'm standing here;i'm waiting on you!" "i was thinking we could grab a bite to eat afterwards" ... i get to where we were meeting, a small town event outside on a cool fall night. i find him in the big crowd, kel and mo in hand, and go up to him. "hey! i'm finally here! whew!" him -"Britt meet Britt. Britt meet Britt". this girl who has her hands all wrapped up in my best friend's hands says,"OMG! i'm so happy to finally meet you!" Me, "Really?! i haven't a clue who you are. who are you?" stunned looks on everyone's faces.


that's right. my heart was broken. i stayed there,with them, until the event ended. i nearly ran back to my car, kel and mo slightly behind.i think secretly they were glad i wasn't going to be around him much more, but they were hurting for me (like the awesome bests they are!). so what was a broken hearted girl and her two bests going to do? hot fudge sundaes! and a venting session like never before!


this heart break didn't mend real quick. finally, i gave it up and gave it to God. please don't think me self righteous. i didn't know what else to do, and knew that was just what i needed to do all along (as the advice of the bests and my family).


that was two years ago tonight. wow! now, i would go back in time and be like,"oh yay! take him!" i would have gotten to know her more too. she's actually a very sweet girl, and we favored. well, more so after he colored her hair my color lol. she's a little insecure and he helped her with that. apparently a lot of helping her! on thanksgiving this past year, she called and broke up with him. he then called guess who? yep. me. yes, i let him back in my life. he's my best guy friend. we hung out for about two months. every time our outings were over, i wondered to myself what did i ever see in him other than a friend. i killed myself with those questions. and guess who would always answer me with the best answer - that's right my two bests!


they've been there through both of my siblings weddings. and after everything with my sister's, they took me to eat at my most favorite place for dinner at 9 pm!. they were there when my family went through the most devasting,yet wonderful trial. they have been there through deaths. mo came straight to me when my mamaw passed away - we hadn't even left the nursing home,and she was there. they've even let me be just quiet. they've entertained me. they've become so much to me! they were the first people i told i was going to be an aunt, an aunt to twins, an aunt to twin boys, and the first people i told monday. kel was there late for me to scream and cry about baby d being in the nicu, and about my first visit with him.


so this is to mo and kel! thanks for always being there. thanks for always listening. thanks for always tagging along on crazy,fast shopping trips that aren't just for pleasure. thanks for the chocolate. thanks for the texts. thanks for the shoulders for me to cry on. thanks for the ears that listened,and still does, to my endless rambling. thanks for being part of "the stick removal team". thanks for being the supporative team through my weight battle. thanks for your love. thanks for your prayers. thanks for being just who you are - even if now,when we're all living apart (more so than ever). thanks best! all my love to my bests... B


this is kel,me,and mo at my house on my birthday this year.

No comments: