Monday, August 10, 2009

a wedding,a baby shower and a birth

ok .... so i'm getting a little better keeping this updated! yay me!

so i finally had a "real" weekend. you know ... a saturday and sunday off together? woohoo! i was so excited, until i barely slept friday night. although saturday was interesting. it was crazy really. i went that morning to my church and cleaned,reorgainzed,and set up for my SIL's baby shower. i love babies! which is a good thing considerin i'm about to be an aunt to twins. not sure if i've mentioned that lately ;) haha! when i finished up there, i literally flew home, showered and got ready of so quickly and went to a friends wedding. poor couple, the a/c broke that morning. my mom's and my seat was a nice one,and wasn't to hot. thank God! he is one of the first boy friends - like a friend thats a boy kind of friendship - i had. i called him d-dot b/c he used to spell his name "k-y-l-e- d-dot". welp, he's a happily married man,and it was a beautiful wedding. mom and i didn't get to go to the reception b/c i had things to get done at home for the shower.

so sunday came in and took us all on a ride! i got up early,got ready, went to church, finished up preparing the fruit for the shower, and then we had an amazing,wonderful,glorious, spirit filled service! so awesome! we were dismissed,and then it kind of got crazy trying to figure out what needed to be done,when, and by who. then i think ..."hmmmm .... i wonder if any of the hostesses/family has needed me and my phone's been on silent?" i check my phone ..... my poor sister! long story short ... she missed the shower,although she cooked her part of the food, and spent the entire day into the night in the ER! she's ok; they found out what was wrong and sent her home. my poor dad sat in the waiting room forever. he maybe sick after waiting there! ugh the germs in an er! meanwhile, SIL and my bro were literally "showered" with gifts! the twins are nearly set! woohoo! we went over there tonight. their room is so sweet! and man at the laundry that has to be done, and they're not even here yet!

and then there's today. i shouldve just taken off work. i have felt worse than crap today to be frank. but the plus side, i guess you could say, i got to work with my best guy friend,dg, that recently got married also. his poor wife got sick the last night on their moon. the docs thought she had swine flu. thankfully, she didn't. working with him happens every 6 weeks or so. he only does his family's hair at our shop. which can and can not be so nice. i love his family, but today his booking got off and it was crazy! or maybe it seemed that way to me b/c i felt so bad. anyways, i took my dad lunch. that made me feel some better, then ended up just leaving. i love my job. tomorrow i will be making up for it though. but that's ok! b/c i get to have dinner at my fav place - pf changs - with one of my fav friends! meg! yay!

of then theres tonight - my bff since kgrade should have been induced into labor tonight! so baby LJ should be here soon! oh how i can't wait! poor BFF has been preggers since like Nov it seems!

i'm glad i have lots going on this week to keep my mind off of 2 of my bests going back to college. one doesn't live that far away,just not convient enough, and the other one, kf, is 3 1/2 hours away: ( she's on vacay this week, and i'm missing her already! i needed her this weekend. shes an awesome friend, but then again, i have so many awesome friends i couldn't pick just one favorite! thank you,Lord, for your blessings on me

No comments: