Monday, August 17, 2009

just when you think ... it all changes

Last week was crazy! there were bright spots - baby LJ was born tuesday morning!mom,dad, and baby are doing great! he's precious! i'm in love! had a great dinner and time with meg. had a shoe shopping trip thrown in after some yummy dinner. can't argue with that!!! the devil had really been throwing alot at me,not just me but my church family,my family and friends - and frankly i had had enough. thus why i wasn't much on blogging about it.

God has a plan. He always has,He always will.thats the awesome part abot God. nothing is ever to little,big,complicated,simple,or inconvient for HIM. i'm so thankful i'm His child!

don't get me wrong. i have been blessed with amazing parents and have been loved up with their unconditional love my whole life! but there's just something aobut HIM!

sunday,my pastor preached the most awesome message! and buddy! it was needed for many reasons and for many people,me included. his message was "How to build a 3-D Marriage". His points were simple,and even though i'm single (and buddy, did the devil remind me all message long of this) i think it applies for any relationship. for husbands and wives, parents and children, friend to friend, and God and HIS children. here's the points ...
#1 - Dialogue daily. - i have this down pat,but not like i should with the One i need to .. ouch!
#2 - Date regulary. - take time out and devote time away from text meassages,facebook,blogger,tv,so on and so forth ....
#3 -Devote ourselves. - God revealed to me last year,about this time last year actually, that singleness is a gift from HIM. it's not a curse, but a blessing. and what a blessing it is!

tonight, i was sitting in a lady's meeting at church, and got a great text message --- some friends from church found out today they are pregnant! funny thing is, God laid it on my heart several weeks ago. i shared that with her, and she said i shouldve shared that before tonight :) it's baby #3 for them. and a huge surprise! i was a huge surprise for my parents too! i started thinking after that message,just what an awesome God He is! and i think i feel in love with my church family even more. i didn't think i could love them more, but it's happening.

i've also been given the opportunity to "pay it forward" as one of the ladies put it. i can't wait! it's for something extra special in october! as soon as i got home from the meeting, i told my dad what it was,and we had a very special moment of rememberance from when we were on the other side of this ministry. i'm praying now for what HE wants done ....

sorry if i rambled. but my heart is so much happier tonight than it was last week. i'm so thankful!

"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, Rejoice!" Philippians 4:4

No comments: