Wednesday, August 4, 2010

birthday,of sorts

today is a very special day to me. it's a day that i think of often, but yet sometimes let it pass by. eleven years ago tonight, i gave my heart and life to my Savior,Jesus Christ. my dad was holding a revival at a very small,country church WAY back in the back of paint rock valley.

it's a night i'll never forget. my dad remembers when he was saved - 3rd sunday night in november 1968 - but doesn't know/remember the exact date. yes, i'm aware google could help him out with that part. but point is,one day i might not remember the exact date of mine either.

i pray i won't forget. that i won't ever forget. sometimes, this is a story i don't share. i was in the  middle of band camp (not like on american pie...) and was burnt to the crisp from the hot sun and marching on pavement. i was sick from it really. but i was so afraid to tell my friends, especially since i was going to be going to high school the very next week.

why was i so scared?

glad you asked! see, i thought i became a christian when i was 8 years old, followed my salvation up with baptism and all. i sung about the Lord, taught about Him, talk about Him, tried living for Him.  for a long time after i realized i wasn't a christian, i felt worthless. i thought, "who would want you, you liar?" among other terrible thoughts that the devil gave me. finally, i surrendered, and surprised my parents, family, friends and my church family.

i remember the following sunday, my youth director said to me, "you look so different today. a good different, something new with your smile and eyes." i remember being told i blushed. the funny part of that was, my youth director didn't know at that time that i had got saved wednesday night, he thought i already was like everyone else. he thought it had to do with a cute,shy,quiet blond guy that had become a very good friend of mine that summer ; )

so, today my heart is thankful that God loved me then, He still does, and that He always will!

Be back later,
Busy B

4 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope I don't forget my date either, but it is kinda easy to remember =)

britts busy days said...

Thanks,Heather! When is your's?

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

September 11th! It will be 8 years this year!