Tuesday, November 10, 2009

so,i ran away ...

Yes,I ran away. Not to far,not away because of something terrible or because I was trying to hide from something/one. I simply ran away to get away and take a break. It was lovely!

I went to T-town to visit with my best,kel, and go to the University of AL vs LSU game. I had never been to a S E C or Bama game,and wow! There's nothing quite like it! When I was in high school,I LOVED football!and I still do,I just don't enjoy it as much on tv or when it consumes lives.

Of course,we ate at some great restaurants! Shopped some,went to church,and my personal favorite -people watched while tailgating.

I've never been one much to travel,nor one to love to ride in a car. With that being said,I'll add I've never drove longer than an hour away from home. Well,this was a pleasant experience. I loved riding alone on the way there. I took my time,wasn't rushed,didn't talk on the phone or text, sang and listened and enjoyed the radio. I found a great christian radio station and I'm sure passersby thought I was crazy! Haha! I didn't care. And finally got to kel's after a few miscommunications in directions. The ride home,was much quicker and much lonelier! I've had several friends that have gone to UA and that are there now. Wow! I don't know how you wanted to make the drive by yourself!

I'm not use to being alone. Maybe that's why I found it so boring and lonely. I'm the youngest of three,and my next door neighbor,Liz,was always around too. Well,for that matter,the neighborhood kids were always around. When we went to church,I was always surrounded by kids my age,older or younger. Our house was always filled with company. You get the picture. . . I like to be around people,well when I want to : )

Road trips by myself not one of those times!However, I had an awesome hostess! Her mother sent us half dozen Gigi cupcakes! Oh.my.goodness! The.best.ever.cupcakes! I highly recommend midnight madness! Chocolate cake with cream cheese icing with dark chocolate chips. And my fabulous mother sent homemade teacake cookies! Oh my,what yummy,yummy snacks we had! She gave me her bed,meanwhile her air mattress deflated both nights.

To top off the fast-paced,fun filled,wonderful weekend,when I came home I got to spend some great time with my precious nephews! I had not seen them in over a week! I missed them! I had been sick,and I know its rsv season,so I stayed away. My parents brought us supper at my brothers and when we left,my car messed up. So I ended up driving another 20 miles to my mechanics house. I had to have a wheel barron replaced. Apparently it was in pieces. I'm very thankful that happened after I got home,and it wasn't expensive to fix. So,that's what's kept me busy this last week. I hope everyone had a lovely weekend,and is having a great new week!


Until later, B

No comments: