Monday, November 2, 2009

reason behind the name

in my last post, pay it forward, i mentioned i was "in charge" of pastor appreciation this year for my church. it was an amazing,fast,busy,blessed month! wow! really, it's November?! i think calendars are lying because it feels like it should just be summer to me! thus, the meaning of this post's title and my site! geez! i really can't believe it's already November! i'm in shock! really?! can you tell?

we had a finger food fellowship church wide the last sunday night of october to honor our pastors and their families. me of little faith, set 72 seats and we ran out! we had over 100 people there! woohoo! the church presented each of them a gift certificate for Ruth's Chris Steak House. nice,huh?

that sunday was also my mom's bday! happy birthday momma! we celebrated her bday at our house watching the TN UA football game and eating pizza! baby d came home the day before and him,his twin brother and parents were able to join us. as well as my sis and her family. this is the first time since the very first of august that my family was altogether. this isn't rare to most families, but it is to mine. i'm so thankful for my family!

i had a very busy week last week, with church and work. for some reason my blackberry wasn't letting me log on to here, and im not happy with that!

here's this past weekend in a wrap to give you a hint:friday - work, dress rehearsal for fall concert,home,supper,bed. saturday - work, grocery store, visit with the nephews(the cutest giraffe and tiger ever!) trunk ot treat at church. sunday - sunday school, church,lunch,home, back at church early, fall concert, dinner, home, bed. sunday i woke up with cold like junk going on. today i have little voice (miracles still happen) and have a cold! ugh! nyquil is calling my name tonight! oh, and i'm super busy at work today and wont get home til about 8. but that's really ok! i'm thankful for my job,my clients, and if i'm there that late that means one thing - i'm working which in turns means i'm making a living! i've got to get to feeling better before the weekend! i'm running away on a little trip : ) ahhhhhhhhh - that's my sighing can you hear it?!

so here's to monday! work, long lunch to get my car serviced, back to work (which i just found out i'll be working with my guy friend dg and possibly his wife ugh) for a long evening without daylight savings time, and home hopefully to chill out and get over this stupid cold!

until later ...B

No comments: