Monday, April 25, 2011

where to start ...

is the big question here! wow! maybe i should just do a list! i'm not even sure i would remember everything.

first off, i am sad to say i did not make my goal of losing 20 pounds by Easter. last i weighed, i was down 8-10 pounds depending on the scale. i'm ok with that. i should have set a goal of 10, but i wanted to more. too much? maybe. could have done it? yep! pretty sure i could have if i had really worked hard at it.

i still find myself making better food choices, so it has become a life style change. as for the group from my church doing this: yeah. they all fell off the weight loss wagon. truth be told, i'm one of the 4/20 that stuck with it. one is excused b/c she found out shes expecting number 4! huge surprise to that sweet family!

am i upset i only lost 8-10 pounds? i was, but then i realized what i was saying and doing to myself. i have done something wonderful for myself! slow and steady wins the race, right? i'm actually proud of myself. i've even thought about buying myself at each 10lb mark i loose.

so, here's the biggest news! i've signed up as a jeweler for a wonderful, Biblical based jewelry company! it's a company i've loved for years, literally. i'm really excited to see where God leads me with this. it's definitely because of Him i'm on this path. i ran from Him about this for about four years. so now, i'm ready to go! ready to still do hair, and enrich people's lives with beautiful jewelry, a fun night in their home, and sharing about what Jesus has done for me and is doing for me.

also, in some not so happy news - my papa has been having some health issues lately. he's 76 and i love him more than my words can express! it's breaking my heart to see him like this.he "talks" himself into cancer every time something is going on with him. i wished he was more positive. currently, he's having to stay over night at the hospital from possible side effects from a procedure he had this morning. so prayers needed here ...


and exciting news!!!! my best is moving back home! yay! congrats on the upcoming college degree, kel! words can never express how proud i am of all of her hard work and dedication! i know she's going to do great in "big girl world"! i can't wait to go see her graduate! : ) plus, everything is better in t-town, can i get a roll tide???!!!! ; )

so long for now!
busy B

No comments: