Thursday, November 25, 2010

thankful

doesn't express it correctly. and not just for me today. every day that word just doesn't do justice for how i really feel.

i could vent about oh. so. freaking. much! right now, but i'm not. it's a new day, there's new mercy and blessings today.

i'm not taking my sis 38 year old sister to have a pet scan to see if her cancer has spread - the mole they thought was just a mole that she's had removed lots of times before,and was a routine. i'm also not the 31 year old sis that has breast cancer and has had surgery as my sis has been going through all of her cancerous stuff too.

i'm not those friends of mine. on a lighter note, i'm in my 20s ; ) sorry - got to heavy hearted there, had to lighten the mood. i'm not those girls, and those girls aren't my sister(s).

my family is healthy. my "bunch" has went from being party of 5 to a party of 6 in 2004. and as of 2009, a party of 11. this year we added nephew buckaroo, so that's a grand total of a party of 12!

how did that happen?! i love it!

i remember once, my sisnlaw telling me that once, just once, she wanted to be able to say at the table on thanksgiving (we always say at least one thing we're thankful for - yes there's too many tears shed at the dinner table!) that she was either prego or had had a baby. well, last year she got to say she was thankful for her two babies : )

my age has starting hitting me with a few realizations, and the need to set some goals for myself. i have had lots on my mind lately, and mostly questions to God. sometimes i wish He would just say, "B, let's go have some mexican food and I'll tell you exactly how this is going to go." that's not how it works, trust me i know!

so today, instead of wondering "when", i'm going to be thankful for the "now"

happy thanksgiving!
Busy B

No comments: